Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sauna expedition

The sight of my sauna, 30 meters away across the snowy garden, has been a little frustrating over the last week. It needs to be used when there is snow about, and the use is better if I am among those sweating. Last night this problem was addressed.

There was, of course, just one small problem: I can't walk over that 30m to get to the sauna as I have a broken leg. I can't even get there with my walker because the ground is uneven and covered in 5 inches of crusty snow. Friends to the rescue! I hobbled outside with the walker (again using the half steps that Polar made), enough to get off the deck to the edge to the snow.

I then lowered myself onto a plastic sled while Leslie held the walker steady to avoid any mishaps. It seemed important to keep the leg in the mending, rather than re-broken, state.

Leslie, Jonas, Laura and Polar then hauled the sled across the garden to the threshold of the sauna. I thank them for not letting go and sending me out-of-control down the driveway, that would have been bad. I then maneuvered myself in and onto the bench, sat and sweated.

Cook until lightly roasted, and reverse. Ahhh!

4 comments:

ColorSlut said...

Sid .... I'm happy to see that you were pulled to something warm and relaxing! How much longer will you have the walker?

Anonymous said...

Don't know how long yet, I need the left hand to heal so I can use crutches, or the right leg to heal so that I can walk. Next ortho apt is Monday...

Silver Sky said...

OMG...

closing my eyes,
putting my head in the sand,
hands over ears. La la la, what?

You are somethin else.

AAu said...

What, no pictures IN the sauna? BORING!