Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Eating like a king


I'm now settling into the long haul waiting for my bones to mesh so that I can stand on two legs again. A fine silver lining is that I have friends coming over every evening to keep me company, to prepare a delicious meal, and even do the washing up. Thanks to Leslie, Jeni, Phoebe and Thorsten, and Laura! I wonder what Carol with bring tonight?

The weather has turned cold cold cold. There is snow for skiing and ice for climbing. I, on the other hand, am mobile only with the walker shown. Fortunately I have to wear the neck brace only when I'm up and about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look pretty pathetic in the picture but better in person (esp. without the neck brace). You are very, very wise to have figured out the rotating-dinner idea. Fun for your friends and practical for you. We look forward to coming again soon.

Phoebe

Susan said...

Y'know, with all the handymen it sounds like you've got over there (making you stairs, bed legs, rigging a shower head...), I'm envisioning some kind of arrangement in which the legs of your walker could be attached to skis so that you could partake in the rest of the season after all... not sure how it would work on the lifts, though. Lemme think about that for a bit and get back to you.