Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Monday, monday (day 9)

Party in room 248: Kata, Leslie, Laura, Anne, Don, Ari and Rima all visited and there was much telling of stories.I think Polar wins quote of the day for his later report to SUOC (even if it may not be entirely accurate):

His leg is about the size of a German torpedo, containing enough blood to offer transfusions to the entire US Olympic high altitude marathon running team.

His left arm is in a hard cast from his fingers around his elbow, which keeps him from picking his nose. The neck brace has a bit to do with that as well. His right arm looks like some purple abstract art, bruised from the IVs. There is a hospital sign above his head and outside the door labeling him as a "Medium Safety Risk". That's a good one. However, since Leslie injured another climbing partner this past weekend, we are labeling her a "High Safety Risk".

He has to go to group physical therapy sessions where they sit in a circle just like other 12 step programs, "Hi, I'm Simeon. I fell down and couldn't get up." From what I can gather, they play soccer or badminton with a Nerf ball with their various mangled limbs. I told him this morning on the phone, "I want you to go in to that group session today, and I want you to WIN!"

No comments: