Thursday, March 1, 2007

Sticking my neck out

Hot on the heels of my Monday orthopedic checkup, Tuesday was neuro day. X-rays of my neck in a neutral position, bent forward and bent backward all showed that the chip on C3 moves with the rest of the bone. From this, and the time since injury, it is inferred that the chip is now connected with the main part of the bone which is good. Various other tolerances were checked and are also fine, so I got the go-ahead to ditch the neck brace. Hurrah!

That was two days ago and I am delighted to report that life without a cast or neck brace is better than with. My wrist still feels very weak but is improving. I spent most of yesterday with it out of the soft brace. I'm doing my best to use my right leg at the appropriate weight bearing level as I walk around -- just about to go to the scale to calibrate myself to the feeling of 56lbs for today.

...and the sun is shining.

No comments: