Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Home sweet home


After 17 nights in hospital I'm home. This is good, very good. I haven't magically gained more mobility, a shorter healing time, or less discomfort. Nonetheless, it is wonderful to be home. Thanks to Kata and Leslie for orchestrating the break out, and to Jim for building extra legs to make my now-downstairs bed a convenient height.

So far I've got myself juice from the fridge, made toast with butter and marmite (yum), put on a CD, and had a shower with a little help from Kata. Not much, but a start.

3 comments:

Silver Sky said...

WoW! I'm impressed! Congratulations on getting home. Rest up! - elly

Naomi said...

welcome home! Control is a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Simeon,
Glad to hear you are back in your own space. Nothing like having your own stuff around and being able to follow your own routine. Good luck staying clean now though :).
Phoebe