Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Too busy to blog?

Perhaps it is because I've been busy coding that I haven't blogged. Or, perhaps it is that I'm not stuck inside. I don't think this is the end of the blog but perhaps less frequent postings are now to be expected, there are just too many other fun things to do... when you can.

I'm happily driving about and going in to work regularly. I need a cane to help me walk properly (without it I list rather alarmingly to the starboard), but with it am pretty mobile. On Friday I fly to England to test this mobility further -- I think the immobility of sitting in a cramped seat is actually much more likely to be troublesome than getting about.



And now for something completely different... A while ago Jen sent me an email about Guinness Marmite. After some investigation I concluded it was a hoax and told her so. Well, a couple of days ago Jofish conclusively proved me wrong by showing up with a jar (pictured above). The jar is pretty cool but the contents are really very similar to ordinary Marmite (which I import in 2 kilo loads every time I return from England). After side-by-side tasting I think the Guinness version may be a little "gentler" tasting. From the label it seems they replaced only 30% of the yeast extract with a Guinness version. I was hoping for something more radical.

No comments: